Yahoo! Mail password should be changed frequently to secure your account. Here are the best 3 ways to do this.
Changing Yahoo! Mail Password through Desktop
This option can be used only when you have access to your account. Follow the steps:
- Open your web browser and visit the official Yahoo page.
- Click on ‘Sign in’ button at the top right. You will be redirected to log in page.
- Log in to your account.
- Find the gear icon on the top right corner of your mailbox and move your mouse over it. You can also move the mouse over your username (adjacent to gear icon) to visit the ‘Account Info’ page.
- A drop-down will appear. Select ‘Account Info’ option
- On the Account Info page click on ‘Account security’ on the left side menu. This will again redirect you to the log in page and ask you to enter the password. Do it.
- Click on ‘Change Password’ option on the right side page.
- Type the new password and click ‘Continue’ to set the new password.
You have to sign in to your Yahoo! Mail again with the new password.
Changing Yahoo! Mail Password through Mobile Devices
In this method, you will access the web browser on your mobile devices to change the password.
- Open the web browser in your mobile device and go to the Yahoo home page.
- Click on the ‘Sign-in’ button.
- Log-in to your account with your email id and password.
- You will see Menu option (three horizontal lines) at the top left side. Tap it.
- From the menu, select ‘Options.’ This will display the account settings.
- Tap on ‘Change Password’ at the bottom of the menu.
- Set a new password and continue.
- You have successfully changed your password.
After you have changed the password, sign in to your Yahoo account again with the new password.
Resetting Forgotten Password
You can change/reset your password when you forget it. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Yahoo log in page.
- Click on ‘Trouble sign-in?’ link. This will take you to sign in helper page.
- Provide any one of the recovery options on the Sign-in helper page and then follow the instructions according to the recovery option.
- You can easily reset your password only if you have pre-set the recovery options at the time of sign-up.
Use any of the methods according to your convenience and circumstances to change your Yahoo! Mail password. If there comes any difficulty, contact Yahoo support service.