Maybe you don’t want to use your Yahoo account anymore, or maybe you have multiple Yahoo account, you can delete your Yahoo account anytime you want. However, before you close your Yahoo account, it is suggested to considering the following effects.
- You will lose access to all of your content and data such as Emails, Email Folders, Contacts, Calendars, Yahoo Fantasy Teams, Yahoo Finance portfolios, photos, Flickr, etc. Make sure to take a backup for anything that you may need later.
- You will not be able to access your Social Networking accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. if they are associated with the Yahoo account you are looking to delete.
If you have considered the consequences of deleting your Yahoo account, you can follow the steps provided below to permanently delete your account.
Steps to Delete Yahoo Account
NOTE: Make sure to let people know alternative ways to reach you. Also, make sure to cancel any active subscription associated with your Yahoo account.
- On your web browser, sign in to your Yahoo account which you wish to delete.
- Once you have logged in to your Yahoo account, you will need to go to the Yahoo account termination
- Once you are on the Yahoo account termination page, you will be prompted with some information. Go through the information thoroughly so that you don’t miss out anything important in your account.
- After reading the information, you will need to click on the “Continue deleting my account” button.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to confirm your identity with your email address. So, enter the email address in the provided field and click on the Yes, terminate this account
- On the next page, you will be confirmed with a message that “Your account has been deactivated and scheduled for deletion”. Just click on the Got it button to complete the process.
Steps to Recover your Yahoo Account
In case you wish to recover your deleted Yahoo account due to some reason, you will be able to do so only if you sign in back to your account within 30 days of deleting it. However, if your Yahoo account is registered in Australia, New Zealand, or India, you can reactivate your deleted account within 90 days of deleting it. Similarly, if your Yahoo account is registered in Brazil, Hong Kong, or Taiwan, you can reactivate your account within 180 days of deleting it.
So, this is how you can delete your Yahoo account permanently. If you are not satisfy with the above steps and looking for further help so you can directly talk to Yahoo customer support service expert to fix your Yahoo account issue.