While Yahoo offers ample security and safety features to protect your account against online intrusion and other cybercrimes, it also allows you to take security measures on your part by keeping a track of your recent login activity. Monitoring your recent login activity can help you know whether your account has been accessed by any unauthorized users. However, it is to be remembered that there are certainly legitimate reasons that your history may show unfamiliar locations, for example, your mobile device is wrongly identifying a location or your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is using a proxy server. Well, if you wish to find and remove unusual activity in your Yahoo account, you can follow the information provided below.
Guide to Find and Remove Unusual Activity in Your Yahoo Account
To Access The Recent Activity in your Account
On a Desktop or Mobile Browser
- Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Go to the Yahoo Sign-in page and log into your Yahoo account.
- Once logged in, click or tap on your Profile name located near the top-right corner.
- Next, select the Account info option from the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, select the Recent activity option. Doing so will display the recent activities that occurred in your Yahoo account on the right-hand side.
- If you find any unusual activity in your Yahoo account, you can make the appropriate changes accordingly.
- If the activities appear to be more threatening, click or tap on the Change your password option and follow the on-screen prompts to secure your Yahoo account.
Reviewing The Entries and Removing Suspicious Activity
On the recent activity page, you are most likely to find 3 sections, however, it depends on how your access your account. In case you see anything you don’t recognize, click or tap on the Sign out or Remove option next to it. After that, click or tap on the Change your password option to regain control of your Yahoo account.
- Recent Activity: This section displays devices or browsers which were recently used to sign in. You can select any of them to check available IP addresses.
- Apps connected to your account: Applications to which you have allowed permission to access your information.
- Recent account access changes: This section shows the last 3 password changes.
So, now as you know how to find and remove unusual activity on your Yahoo Account, you can easily secure it against online threats and intrusions.