Yahoo Mail comes with numerous advantageous features that make the emailing tasks effortless for the users. One of the most useful features that users love to use in their Yahoo Mail account is the option to forward emails from their account to another email address, be it a Yahoo Mail account or a non-Yahoo email account.
If you also wish to forward emails from your Yahoo Mail account to another email address automatically, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Forward Emails from Yahoo Mail to Another Email Account
- On your computer, open a supported web browser and sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Once you are logged in to your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to click on the Gear icon located on the top-right corner of the window. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on the Settings option. You will be directed to the Settings window of your Yahoo Mail account.
- In the Settings window, you will need to click on the Accounts option in the left-hand side panel.
- Under the Accounts section, you will need to click on your Yahoo Mail account located on the right-hand side panel.
- Once you are on the “Edit details” page of your selected Yahoo Mail account, scroll down to get to the “Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere” section.
- Now, in this section, you will first need to select the checkbox next to the “Forward: Your mail is forwarded to the specified address, so you can check it there” option.
- After selecting the checkbox, you will need to enter the email address in the field box that reads “Forwarding Address” to access your Yahoo emails there.
- After entering the email address in the prompted field, you will need to click on the Verify As you will click on the Verify button, a dialog box will pop-up on your screen notifying that – “An email has been sent to example@**mail.com. Please log in to that address and follow the instructions in the email to begin forwarding.”
- So, sign in to the email account and open the email you received from Yahoo. In the email, you will need to click on the “click here” option in the prompt where it says “Please click here to verify the email address”.
- As you will click on the link, you will be directed to the next window where you will be prompted with the following message –
“To complete the verification, you need to sign out of your current account and sign in to “your Yahoo Username”. Click the “Sign out & continue” button to continue with the verification process.”.
Considering the instructions given in the message, click on the Sign-out & continue button.
- After signing out of your current account and logging in to your Yahoo account, you will be prompted with a message that says – “Please click the button below to verify your email address”. So, click on the Verify button to complete the verification process and then click on the Return to account settings option on the next screen.
- Now, you will again need to go to the email forwarding section of your Yahoo Mail account. Once you are in that section, you will need to click on the drop-down box located below the field where you entered your email address for forwarding emails.
- Clicking on that drop-down box will show two options to you –
- Store and forward
- Store and forward, and mark as read
While selecting the first option “Store and forward” will simply store the message in your Yahoo Mail and forward a copy of it to the email account you added, choosing the second option will not only store and forward the emails but also mark it as read in your email account.
- Once you are done following the above-mentioned instructions, simply click on the Save button in the Settings window of your Yahoo Mail account to complete the process.
So, these are the step-by-step instructions that you can follow to automatically forward emails from your Yahoo Mail account to another email account. if still, you are not getting your solution so you can call Yahoo customer service helpline phone number to get a better solution.