If you use Yahoo on a frequent basis, you would want to make Yahoo as your default homepage on your web browser. This way you will be able to access different Yahoo services each time you launch your browser. To know how to make Yahoo your homepage, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Make Yahoo as your Homepage
For Google Chrome Browser
- Open the Chrome browser and click on the Menu button (three horizontal bars). This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Settings
- Under the Settings window, go to the “On startup” section.
- Here, you will need to select the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Under this option, you will need to click on the Add a new page
- Enter the URL of the Yahoo homepage and click on the Add button. Your Yahoo homepage will be created for your Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser on your computer and click on the Menu button (three horizontal lines). This will open the Firefox settings page in a new tab.
- Next, you will need to click on the “Home Page” field and enter the URL of Yahoo homepage.
- Make sure that “Show my home page” option is selected from the “When Firefox starts” section.
- The Yahoo page will be set up as your home page on Firefox browser.
For Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge web browser on your computer and click on the Menu button (three horizontal dots).
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Settings option. This will open a Settings sidebar on your screen.
- In the Settings section, you will need to go to the “On Startup” section, select “Open a specific page or set of pages” option and click on the Set pages option next to it.
- Then, select the “Custom” option from the drop-down menu that appears on your screen. By default, you will see “MSN”.
- Here, you will need to enter URL of the Yahoo homepage in the prompted field next to “Add a new page” option.
- After entering the URL, simply click on the OK Your Yahoo URL will be configured as the homepage for your Microsoft Edge browser.
- Launch Safari web browser on your computer and click on the Safari or Edit Then, select the Preferences option.
- Next, you will need to click on the “Safari opens with” menu and choose “Homepage” option.
- Then, click on the “Homepage” field and enter the Yahoo site you wish to make your homepage.
- After entering the URL of the Yahoo site, you will also need to add the Home button to the toolbar of your Safari browser as by default, the home button is not included in the Toolbar. For his, you will need to click on the View menu and choose “Customize Toolbar” option and drag the Home button to the Safari toolbar to add to it.
So, these are the different ways to make a Yahoo Site as your homepage on a different browser. If you are having any issue so you can contact Yahoo customer service number to fix your Yahoo mail account.