Why would you carry the burden of remembering passwords when your smart device can do the job for you?
With Yahoo Account Key, you need not remember a password. In fact, you will never need one again. Ever.
Yahoo Account Key Not Working – Fix Issues with Account Key
When it comes to maintaining data safety and online security, Yahoo can’t just compromise. The tech giant incessantly thrives to protect the sovereignty and integrity of its users. To ensure they don’t fall prey in the hands of hackers and intruders, it persists on using its Account Key feature.
The Yahoo Account Key feature adds an extra layer of security while letting you use your smartphone instead. Once enabled, you will receive a notification on your mobile to approve access. It’s easy and effective.
Sometimes, this unique feature experiences some kind of technical glitches that prevent users to make the most out of it. If you find a ‘Yahoo Account Key not working’ issue, this blog is for you.
In this post, we will talk about various issues with Yahoo Account Key, and the top steps to fix them.
- Turn off Account Key: Is your Yahoo Account Key not working? You may prefer turning it off and switch back to a password for a temporary period. Or, you may wish to use another device and change the sent notification location. Anyway, here are the steps to follow if you want to disable Account Key.
The Yahoo Account Key feature can be disabled in two ways – from a web browser and from a Yahoo mobile app.
How to turn off or disable Account Key from a web browser –
- Visit the Yahoo Account Security page.
- By “Yahoo Account Key”, you will see an option – “Manage”.
- Click on it and click “Disable Account Key” (located at the bottom of that page)
- Turn the Account Key feature on by clicking the toggle to the right.
How to turn off or disable Account Key from a Yahoo mobile app –
- Tap the ‘Menu’ icon from the Account Key enabled app.
- Next, you need to tap the ‘Account Key’ icon (you will see a ‘key’ icon).
- Then tap the option ‘Manage Account Key’
- The next option to tap is ‘Disable Account Key’ (it is placed at the bottom of the screen).
- You can tap the toggle to the right to turn it on or off.
- Use Two-Step Verification Technique: Your Yahoo Account Key is not working. This might frustrate you. So, why don’t you use the two-step verification process by disabling Account Key?
Follow #Step 1 to disable the Account Key feature and then enable two-step authentication. Go through the subsequent steps to ad two-step verification for extra security.
- Visit the Account Security page.
- Click the ‘Toggle’ button beside “Two-step verification” to turn it on.
- Here, you will have to enter your mobile number. You will then click on the “Send SMS” or “Call me” option to receive a notification, i.e. a verification code.
- Once received, enter the code, and click “Verify”.
- Not Receiving Account Key: If you are not receiving an Account Key, maybe it is because you haven’t turned on notifications. You must “enable notifications in the Yahoo Mail app and from your mobile device”. The next option that you may like to try is requesting notification. To do so, you need to click “Resend” on the Yahoo page. This will generate or create a new notification.
You didn’t receive an Account Key yet? Try out these tips –
- Visit the Yahoo sign-in page and put your Yahoo email address.
- Click “Next” and click “Use text or email to sign in” or “Try another way to sign in”.
- Provide the “missing digits of your phone number”.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- Click “Yes, text me a verification code” (only if you have access to the device).
- If you don’t have the phone, you may choose the alternate way, i.e. your alternate email address.
- Once received the code, enter it to confirm, and then click ‘Continue’ to access your account.
- Third-party Apps Stopped Working: Generate an ‘app password’ to access your account. An app password is a randomly generated code that allows a non-Yahoo app to access your account.
- “Uh-oh” Error Message Creates Problem in Signing in: This error turns up on the screen if you have exceeded the number of text messages (allowed per day). Preferably, you may have to wait one day or 24 hours to sign in. After the wait, you will have to sign in using the Yahoo Mail app. This action can easily be carried out on your mobile device.
- Setting up a New Number or Phone to Receive Account Key: If your old number or phone is inactive, you should immediately think of setting up a new phone or a new number to receive Account Key.
Here’s how to set up a new phone –
- Install the Yahoo Mail app on the device.
- Once installed, you can open it, and tap ‘Sign in’.
- Enter the username on the sign-in page and tap ‘Continue’.
- Check the notification received on your new phone.
- Confirm the code and tap ‘Sign in’.
How to set up a new phone number –
Are you changing your old number? If you get a new one on the same phone, you will like to check the below-mentioned steps.
- Log in and visit the Account Info page.
- You must select the existing phone number and click ‘Add recovery phone number’.
- Now, enter the phone number (new) and click the “Send SMS” option.
- You need to then tap the verification code to confirm.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Verify’ option.
What to do when you can’t access your old phone –
Use an alternate email when you can’t access your old phone. This action can be accomplished using a desktop computer.
- Visit the sign-in page of Yahoo and enter your email address.
- Click “Next” and then click “I don’t have access to this phone”.
- You will then see your alternate email.
- Click “Yes, text me a verification code”.
Did we get a solution for you?
If that didn’t work for you, you must get in touch with the professionals. Contact Yahoo Customer Support team is always available at your disposal.
However, you must try the above troubleshooting steps first before reaching out to the professionals.