Yahoo users can stay in touch with their email account all the time by installing Yahoo Mail app on their Android device. Available for both iOS and Android, the Yahoo Mail application is a fast, reliable, and easy-to-use mobile application. However, a lot of Android users face some sort of problem while operating or accessing their Yahoo Mail account on their devices. If you are also facing issues with your Yahoo Mail application on your Android device, follow the steps given below to fix the issues.
Steps to Fix Issues with Yahoo Mail App on Android Device
1.) App Functionality Problem
Yahoo Mail App Freezing, Crashing, or Responding Slow
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Yahoo Mail app and operating system installed on your device.
- Clear the Cache and App Data on your Android device.
- Refresh the memory of application by Force stopping and restarting it.
- Uninstall and Re-install the app.
2.) Sign in Problems in Yahoo Mail App
Sign-in problems can be caused due to changing the mobile number or activating two-step verification. Below you can find the solution for both conditions:
Changing Mobile Number
If you have changed your old mobile number and if you are still using the same phone, you can resolve the sign-in issue by following these steps:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account using your computer.
- Click on your Profile Name located in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Next, select Account info and click on the Account security tab under it.
- Select Phone numbers option and click on the Add recovery phone number.
- Type your new phone number in the provided field and click Send SMS Yahoo will send an Account Key to your phone number.
- Enter the Account Key in the provided field and click Verify. The sign-in problem should get fixed.
3.) App Passwords or Account Key
When you activated the Two-Step verification or Account Key feature in your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to create an app password for using Yahoo Mail app on your Android and iOS Mail app. You can generate a password for your Android device by following these steps
- Go to your Profile Name > Account info > Account Security.
- Under Account security tab, scroll down and select Generate app password
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
4.) Connectivity Issues
Check your network connection in case the problem might be occurring due to no or poor internet connectivity. Make sure the device is connected to the internet correctly. Also, look into the App Permissions settings to ensure whether adequate permission has been given to the Yahoo Mail app.
5.) Features Not Available on Mobile Device
Some features in Yahoo Mail can only be accessed by using the desktop browser version. Some of the features that you may not find in the Yahoo Mail app include:
- Block email addresses
- View full email headers
- Create vacation responses
- Send to a contact list
If still, you are getting issues you can directly contact Yahoo customer service helpline number to speak with Yahoo support staff.