If you are unable to access your Yahoo Mail account or if you are having trouble accessing some of its features, there can be numerous reasons responsible for causing the issue. In order to overcome the particular issue in your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to identify the reason causing the problem. As there can be varied reasons causing a problem, it could be a bit difficult to fix an issue on your own. Below, you can find some of the workarounds that you can follow to overcome most of the Yahoo Mail-related issues.
Guide to Fix Issue with Yahoo Mail not Working
When You Are Unable to Access your Yahoo Mail Account
If you are unable to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account, the first thing to make sure is that the device on which you are accessing your Yahoo Mail account is connected to the internet. If the internet is working properly, the second thing to ensure is that the problem is not at Yahoo’s end. Sometimes, server maintenance or problem with the server at Yahoo’s end can temporarily suspend access to Yahoo Mail for certain users. In such a case, you can wait for some time to allow the service to resume automatically.
If there is no problem at Yahoo’s end, then, Yahoo might have temporarily blocked your Yahoo Mail account after suspecting some suspicious activities in your account. In such a case, you can wait for a while to let your account get unblocked by Yahoo. However, if even after waiting for some time you are not able to access your account, you might be either entering the wrong login credentials or your account might have been hacked by someone who purposely changed your account password. In such a case, you can regain access to your account by resetting the password for it.
Steps to Reset Password of Yahoo Mail
- Go to the Yahoo Mail sign-in page on a supported web browser.
- Enter your Yahoo User ID in the provided field and click on the Next
- On the next screen, you will need to click on the “I forgot my password” option and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the password reset process.
- Make sure that you have access to one of the account recovery options (Phone number or email address) associated with your account in order to verify your identity as the rightful owner of the account.
NOTE: After recovering your Yahoo Mail account, make sure to review the recent activity that occurred in your account.
For Other Issue in Yahoo Mail
If you are having trouble accessing any feature or function in your Yahoo Mail account, it is suggested to make sure of the following things:
- Use A Supported Web Browser
Make sure you are accessing your Yahoo Mail account on a supported/compatible web browser. Also, make sure that the browser is running with the latest updates.
- Disable Browser Enhancement
Check-in case any browser enhancement (Plug-in or add-on) is preventing you from accessing a feature. You can do so by disabling one browser enhancement at a time.
- Configure Yahoo Mail with Correct IMAP/POP Settings
If you are accessing your Yahoo Mail account on a third-party email client, make sure that you have configured your Yahoo Mail account with the correct IMAP/POP settings. The correct IMAP and POP settings of Yahoo Mail are as follows:
|IMAP SETTINGS||POP SETTINGS|
|Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server||Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com Port: 993 Requires SSL: Yes||Server:pop.mail.yahoo.com Port: 995 Requires SSL: Yes|
|Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server||Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com Port: 465 or 587 Requires SSL: Yes Requires authentication: Yes||Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com Port: 465 or 587 Requires SSL: Yes Requires TLS: Yes (if available) Requires authentication: Yes|
|Login Info||Email address: Your complete email address Password: Your account’s password Requires authentication: Yes||Email address: Your complete email address Password: Your account’s password Requires authentication: Yes|
- Check Security Programs
Check in case any security program such as an Antivirus program or Firewall setting is interfering with Yahoo Mail on your web browser.
- Use Yahoo Mail Quick Fix Tool
In case you are not able to get rid of an issue in your Yahoo Mail account, you can use the Quick Fix tool to scan your Yahoo Mail account to automatically fix an issue. Here are the steps to use Yahoo Mail Quick Fix Tool:
- On your web browser, go to the Yahoo Mail Quick Fix tool
- Once you are on the Quick Fix tool page, select the problem you are experiencing in your account.
- Provide an alternate email address (other than the one you are trying to fix the problem with).
- Then, enter the verification code in the prompted field.
- Finally, click on the Create Request
- You will be contacted using the alternate email address.
So, these are the workarounds that you can use to fix the problem with your Yahoo Mail not working.