Android-based devices come with numerous features and functionalities to make things more convenient for users. One of the features that come very handy is the notification you receive on your device when something new occurs with the applications installed on it. For example, if any new updates would be available for your device, you will receive an alert in the notification drawer.
Similarly, you can check this drawer to check for new messages, emails, and other notifications. While usually, the notification feature works perfectly with most of the applications, however, sometimes, Yahoo Mail users experience issues with it on their Android device. If Yahoo Mail app notifications are not working on your Android device, you can follow the information provided below.
Ways to Fix “Yahoo Mail App Notifications Not Working on Android” Issue
When you are not able to receive Yahoo Mail app notification, it is suggested to first check your Android device for the following:
- Make sure you have an active internet connection. If you have turned off the internet on your device, you will not receive notification for Yahoo Mail or any other app as well.
- Make sure that Do Not Disturb (DND) is not enabled on your Android device. If this would be enabled, you will not be able to receive notification any application including Yahoo Mail app. So, make sure that you disable DND on your Android device.
- Check the Background App Refresh setting to make sure that it is enabled as it allows the apps to run in the background. Also, make sure to turn on the option for your Yahoo Mail app.
- Check the Settings > Notifications to make sure that all toggle switches are turned on.
- If Low Power Mode or Power Saving Mode is enabled on your Android device, you may not be able to get Yahoo Mail notification. Make sure to disable it when there is sufficient battery in your device.
- If the above-mentioned suggestions don’t work, consider rebooting your phone. However, if rebooting the device also doesn’t help you fix the problem, you would want to remove the app and reinstall it on your device.
After you are done re-installing the Yahoo Mail app on your Android device, you will need to follow the instructions provided below.
- On your Android device, tap on the Yahoo Mail app icon to open it. Doing so will take you to the sign-in screen (if you would have not already logged in).
- Once you are logged into your Yahoo Mail account on the app, you will first need to turn notifications on using the settings of your device. For this, you will need to follow these steps:
- Tap on the Settings app on your Android device.
- In the Settings section of your device, tap on the Notifications and Apps
- Next, tap on the Yahoo Mail option and select the Notifications
- Then, tap on the Show notifications toggle button to enable the notifications
- Now, you will need to enable the notifications from your Yahoo Mail app as well. To do so, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open the Yahoo Mail app on your Android device and sign in to your account if you are not logged in already.
- In the app, you will need to tap on the Profile icon located at the top-left corner of the screen. This will expand the menu from the left.
- From the expanded menu, you will need to tap on the Notifications
- On the next screen, you will see a couple of options to customize the Notifications.
- If you want to receive the notification for everything on the Yahoo Mail app, you will need to select All messages and features However, if you wish to receive notifications for certain categories of the messages, you will need to select the Just the message categories I choose option. As you will tap on the Just the message categories I choose option, a menu will expand where you will have the toggle button next to categories such as People, Deals, Travel, Package Tracking, and Reminders. Depending on your requirement, you can enable and disable the toggle button next to the mentioned categories.
Following these steps will help you set up your Yahoo Mail account to receive a notification on your Android app. Additionally, you can also turn notifications on or off for coronavirus updates. To do this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Turning On Notifications for Coronavirus Updates
- Open your Yahoo Mail app on the Android device.
- Tap on the Profile icon located on the upper-left corner of the screen.
- From the expanded menu, select the Notifications
- Then, tap on the toggle button next to Coronavirus updates to enable or disable notifications.
So, now as you know how to overcome the problem of not being able to receive Yahoo Mail app notifications on your Android device, you can easily fix the problem whenever you experience it on your device.